Thursday, April 4, 2013


What I tried to express in my concentration, are abstractions with children. Since I am almost always surrounded by children smaller than me, I thought it would be a good idea to use children in my photographs. Working with children is surely hard to do, since they are moving at all times. In my pictures I used different principles of design, like line of repetition, contrast, and texture.

            In the process in taking my photographs, I started off with taking pictures of the things that children do. That didn’t really work as much so I moved on, on to taking portrait pictures. They looked much better and they mostly include low saturation. At the beginning of my concentration I started off with single shots and then ended up with layered photographs. I used texture in most of my photographs to show how the mood of the picture is. Abstraction, contrast, and rule of thirds are some other principle of design that I use in my photographs. On my first set of pictures they start off with black’s whites and grays, and then lead of to color.
 
 











 




1 comment:

  1. Your work with value and contrast is really good. Your layering is very effective of portraying a mood.I love the one of the kid with glasses and the book.

    ReplyDelete